The Growing Academy recognizes that each child is unique and strongly believes in customizing interventions to fit the needs of each child. By incorporating the principles of Applied Behvaiour Analysis (ABA), The Growing Academy helps students learn skills by breaking down complex tasks into smaller manageable steps. The Growing Academy has successfully helped students improve their quality of living by enabling them master skills essential for daily living. The Growing Academy has also helped many students bridge the gap between mainstream and special needs learning, such that these students are able to integrate back into mainstream schools for their future education.
Ling is an associate psychologist and Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) Therapist for almost 6 years. Ling specialises in working with children with complex needs, trained in behaviour, communication and motor needs. She has gained extensive knowledge and skills working with children and adolescents with mild to severe disorders, including in private and government sector. Ling has worked with the Ministry of Social and Family services in Singapore as an Associate Psychologist where she provided trainings to caregivers and workshops to teachers and other allied professional, conducted Intelligence Quotient(IQ) Testing and developed behavioural management interventions for her clients. She also works extensively with mainstream schools to facilitate the transition as well as learning needs for her clients in the schools. Ling uses a holistic approach to achieve the best possible outcomes. She has seen and managed a diverse caseload with clients ranging from children to adults with the following conditions:
· Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
· Sensory Integration Dysfunction (SID)
· Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
· Glboal Developmental Delay (GDD)
· Down Syndrome
· Learning Disabilities
In 2017, Ling co-founded The Growing Academy. The Growing Academy speciaizes in porviding a blend of preschool curriculum and therapies under one setting. The school aims to support children with needs by helping them meet their milestones and bridge the gap between mainstream teaching structure and special needs. Ling’s greatest hope is to develop innovative solutions to help as many clients (children and adults) to access proper early intervention and ABA therapy services, as well as raise awareness locally and internationally
Accreditation and Certification in:
· Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with Honours (University At Buffalo, New York, United States)
· Trained in Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
· Trained in Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication Handicapped Children (TEACCH)
· Social thinking (Michelle Garcia Winner)
· Sensory Regulation & Decoding the Autistic Brain (Kim Barthel)
· Summer School at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley)
BSc Physiotherapy (HONS) UK
Diploma in Sports & Exercise Science
Trained in DMA Clinical Pilates
Allied Health Professions Council (Singapore)
AHPC Registration No: A1301063D
When Nicole completed her Diploma in Sports & Exercise Science at Republic Polytechnic, she realised that she wanted to become a Physiotherapist as she excelled in anatomy-related modules. Upon graduation, she pursued a Bachelor of Physiotherapy from University of Bradford with honours in the United Kingdom.
Upon graduation, she began her career with Singapore General Hospital (SGH) – where she worked in both inpatient medical, geriatrics and orthopaedics teams and outpatient department musculoskeletal teams. She was also involved in treating patients at the Autoimmune & Rheumatology Centre. Her stint at SGH has allowed her to be part of the medical team in sporting events such as the Standard Chartered Marathon in the year 2014 and 2015. She was awarded the Silver Singhealth Service Quality award in 2016 for her recognized work in patient care.
Nicole then worked at Gleneagles Hospital where she was further exposed in treating patients from all walks of nationalities and medical disciplines, including toddlers and various intensive care unit.
As she continues to pursue knowledge in the Physiotherapy world, she has attained certification in Osteon Manual Therapy’s Dry Needling course. As an avid sportsperson, Nicole understands the demands on the physical body and has had her fair share of sports injuries. She strongly believes in long-term prevention in all injuries through patient education and a tailored rehabilitation programme.
Amazing Speech Therapy
Principal Speech Therapist
Amazing Speech Therapy
Moona is from London and has been practicing as a Speech Therapist for almost 8 years. She has been working in Singapore for more than 2 years and is a fully registered Speech Therapist under the Allied Health Professional Council in Singapore. Moona graduated with a Masters’ degree from City, University of London.
Moona specialises in working with children with complex needs, trained in both communication and swallowing disorders. Moona has gained extensive knowledge and skills working with infants, children and adolescents with mild to severe disorders, including challenging behaviour.
She uses a holistic approach to achieve the best possible outcomes. Moona has worked with clients from multicultural backgrounds, is respectful and able to adapt accordingly.
Moona’s greatest hope is to develop innovative solutions to help as many clients (children and adults) to access proper Speech Therapy services, as well as raise awareness locally and internationally.
Accreditation and Certification in:
- Master of Science in Speech and Language Therapy (City, University of London, United Kingdom)
- Manchester Post Basic Dysphagia Course (Manchester, United Kingdom)
- Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach to Feeding
- Wolf and Glass Feeding Training
- Cervical Auscultation Training
- Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk (Melbourne, Australia)
- Makaton For Professionals
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication Handicapped Children (TEACCH)
- Managing Incidents of Challenging Behaviour by Dave Hewitt
- Telepractice in Speech Therapy – Principles and Practicalities
Senior Occupational Therapist
As an Occupational Therapist, Guo Hua has been practicing since 2011 in the private pediatric and school setting. Over the years, he has seen and manage a diverse caseload with clients ranging from children to adults with the following conditions:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sensory Integration Dysfunction (SID)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Developmental Delay
- Learning Disabilities
Training & Qualification
Guo Hua is trained in the following:
- Sensory Integration Praxis Test (SIPT)
- Social thinking (Michelle Garcia Winner)
- Cognitive Orientation for Daily Occupational Performance (CO-OP)
- Greenspan Floortime Approach
- Allied Health Professions Council (Full Registration) Registration Number: A1300128G
- Master of Science Occupational Therapy, Queen Margaret University (Edinburgh)
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy, Nanyang Polytechnic
- Berry-Buktenica Developmental Test of Visual Motor Integration: lessons from exploration of cultural variations in visual motor integration performance of preschoolers (Child, Care, Health and development September 2014)