The Growing Academy recognizes that each child is unique and strongly believes in customizing interventions to fit the needs of each child. By incorporating the principles of Applied Behvaiour Analysis (ABA), The Growing Academy helps students learn skills by breaking down complex tasks into smaller manageable steps. The Growing Academy has successfully helped students improve their quality of living by enabling them master skills essential for daily living. The Growing Academy has also helped many students bridge the gap between mainstream and special needs learning, such that these students are able to integrate back into mainstream schools for their future education.
Ling is an associate psychologist and Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) Therapist for almost 6 years. Ling specialises in working with children with complex needs, trained in behaviour, communication and motor needs. She has gained extensive knowledge and skills working with children and adolescents with mild to severe disorders, including in private and government sector. Ling has worked with the Ministry of Social and Family services in Singapore as an Associate Psychologist where she provided trainings to caregivers and workshops to teachers and other allied professional, conducted Intelligence Quotient(IQ) Testing and developed behavioural management interventions for her clients. She also works extensively with mainstream schools to facilitate the transition as well as learning needs for her clients in the schools. Ling uses a holistic approach to achieve the best possible outcomes. She has seen and managed a diverse caseload with clients ranging from children to adults with the following conditions:
· Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
· Sensory Integration Dysfunction (SID)
· Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
· Glboal Developmental Delay (GDD)
· Down Syndrome
· Learning Disabilities
In 2017, Ling co-founded The Growing Academy. The Growing Academy speciaizes in porviding a blend of preschool curriculum and therapies under one setting. The school aims to support children with needs by helping them meet their milestones and bridge the gap between mainstream teaching structure and special needs. Ling’s greatest hope is to develop innovative solutions to help as many clients (children and adults) to access proper early intervention and ABA therapy services, as well as raise awareness locally and internationally
Accreditation and Certification in:
· Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with Honours (University At Buffalo, New York, United States)
· Trained in Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
· Trained in Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication Handicapped Children (TEACCH)
· Social thinking (Michelle Garcia Winner)
· Sensory Regulation & Decoding the Autistic Brain (Kim Barthel)
· Summer School at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley)
Amazing Speech Therapy
Brenda is a fully registered Speech-Language Therapist and a clinical supervisor under the Allied Health Professions Council in Singapore. She graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Masters in Speech and Language Pathology.
She started her Speech Therapy journey in Singapore General Hospital (SGH) in 2015. In the acute hospital and rehabilitation setting, she acquired training in managing babies, children and adults with feeding, swallowing, speech, language, voice and cognitive impairments.
Brenda has worked with adult patients across a wide range of disciplines, such as Geriatric, Surgical, Oncology, Cardiology, Respiratory and Neurology. Her clinical experience also extends to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and High Dependency wards, where she was trained to evaluate preterm and term babies with bottling difficulties and potential swallowing disorders. She has also assessed babies with feeding difficulties by checking their oral-motor skills and possible sensitivities that impact their overall acceptance of food.
Brenda enjoys working and collaborating with a multidisciplinary team to provide holistic management for patients. She delights in sharing and imparting knowledge and clinical skills to new and junior Speech Therapists through clinical supervision and mentoring. Brenda also believes in empowering caregivers by educating them and providing info-counselling to facilitate rehabilitation and recovery of speech, language and swallowing impairments.
Accreditations and Certifications in:
- Master of Science in Speech and Language Pathology (National University of Singapore)
- Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach to Feeding
- MORE – Integrating the Mouth with Sensory and Postural Functions
- TalkTools: 3- Part Treatment Plan for Oral Placement Therapy
- Certified Allied Health Professional Council (AHPC) supervisor for Speech Therapists
Principal Speech Therapist
Amazing Speech Therapy
Anabella is a fully registered Speech and Language Therapist under the Allied Health Professions Council in Singapore.
Anabella has worked with both children and adults in various capacities. She started her journey with the paediatric population; conducting therapy during home visits, in a special needs school and hospital, and as a shadow teacher in a preschool. She found joy in helping children with special needs communicate more effectively in her roles as a speech therapist and behavioural therapist. Subsequently, she further honed her clinical skills at a local restructured hospital, where she had a varied caseload comprising geriatric patients and adult clients with neurological injuries or other acute medical and surgical conditions. She has helped clients with swallowing impairments, aphasia, dysarthria and apraxia of speech.
Anabella collaborates with families and caregivers to achieve goals through evidence-based approaches. She understands that every individual is unique and strives to ensure therapy is personalized to each individual’s background and needs. Anabella’s fun-loving and genuine personality enables her to build relationships with clients and their families. She believes in making therapy fun and functional, to encourage learning and generalization of skills. In her free time, she enjoys cycling and doing embroidery.
Accreditations and certifications in:
- Bachelor of Arts in Speech Sciences and Special Education (University of British Columbia, Canada)
- MSc in Speech and Language Pathology (National University of Singapore)
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment
Senior Occupational Therapist
As an Occupational Therapist, Guo Hua has been practicing since 2011 in the private pediatric and school setting. Over the years, he has seen and manage a diverse caseload with clients ranging from children to adults with the following conditions:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sensory Integration Dysfunction (SID)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Developmental Delay
- Learning Disabilities
Training & Qualification
Guo Hua is trained in the following:
- Sensory Integration Praxis Test (SIPT)
- Social thinking (Michelle Garcia Winner)
- Cognitive Orientation for Daily Occupational Performance (CO-OP)
- Greenspan Floortime Approach
- Allied Health Professions Council (Full Registration) Registration Number: A1300128G
- Master of Science Occupational Therapy, Queen Margaret University (Edinburgh)
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy, Nanyang Polytechnic
- Berry-Buktenica Developmental Test of Visual Motor Integration: lessons from exploration of cultural variations in visual motor integration performance of preschoolers (Child, Care, Health and development September 2014)